Set Aside Application for Defendant in Civil Action

Click for details.



Defendant, you have just discovered that:

  • The Provincial Court has issued a Certificate of Judgment against you,
  • Or perhaps your bank or employer informed you of a garnishee summons
  • Filed against your account or wages.

Now what? Answer: you should make Application to set aside the judgment and respond to the Civil Claim of the Plaintiff.

The Small Claims Court Company has handled hundreds of Set Aside Applications. We are familiar with the process and experienced in obtaining representing Defendants in these Applications.

Services include:

  • Consultation with client
  • Review of set aside application and affidavit
  • Review Plaintiff’s Civil Claim
  • Review affidavit(s) of service
  • Draft and file response to the Set Aside
  • Draft Dispute Note (your defense of claim)
  • Draft Dispute Note if required
  • Appear in Court, make arguments to set aside judgment
  • Make arguments for costs

The Cost for this service is based on one Plaintiff and Defendant, and does not include Court filing fees, service of documents, or Alberta Registry searches.

(Other factors beyond the control of the client and Agent may require actions not initially anticipated.)



Additional information